Tuesday, February 16, 2010

WHERE IT WILLS

When the presence invades
My very heartbeat gladdens.
And as I learn to wade
Into its waves, spirit once saddened
Laughs a melody.

When the presence remains
Breathe deep as foul air turns sweet.
And as melt the iron chains
It blows dances around my feet
Childishly free.

When the presence withdraws
And closes heavens portals.
Weep bitter tears at the flaw
That is common to all mortals
Of Adam's descent.

And in the presence's absence-song
Toast pessimism to man made ways.
Boast your hope in the eschaton
Looking to the horizon of better days
Now unseen.

1 comment:

Lost Narnian said...

These poems posted this month so far are all older ones...mostly from my very early 20's...they show a less mature, more innocent individual... often wracked with good old protestant guilt. Feel free to skip any of these if you are looking through. Most of the newer stuff is much more interesting. I thought I'd post them all here just to keep the collection more or less complete. I have more to add that were never typed up...and I may or may not do so in the future.