Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ABBA-DADDY

Calling you: Abba-Father
Yet not honoring you
Calling you Lord Almighty
Yet my heart is untrue.

Calling you my friend
Yet my life pierced your hands.
Calling you Saviour
Yet content to sink in the sands
Of sinful pride
Still anchored inside.

I say that I love you
Yet words die so fast
I say that I serve you
But this does not last.

I say that I will praise you
Yet it is shame that I bring.
I say that I live for you
Yet to earth do I cling.
Oh life of hipocrisy
Service of the pharisee.

I will come to you again
I need your holy grace.
I will bend my knee and pray
I need your loving face.

I will come and start again
I need you by my side.
I will try to walk again,
I need your peace inside.

Abba-Daddy
Take me, hold me
I am afraid
To be alone.

No comments: